Skip to main content
Building Biology News

Is Mould / Mold In Your Home Making You Sick?

By September 21, 2015May 8th, 2021No Comments

When conducting building inspections the most underestimated environmental health hazard is mould. We cannot over stress the importance of ensuring that the building in which you work or live does not have one or more of the following issues:

  • Little or no ventilation (many openable windows)
  • Limited natural sunlight (dark indoor environment that requires artificial lighting during the day)
  • Water ingress issues due to sloping land, leaking roof / water pipes and insufficient water proofing
  • Many non breathable surfaces due to plastic paints and other synthetic finishes

The link below is to an article discussing the spores and mycotoxins released by mould and what to look out for and how to deal with the mould problems. Always remember that you must remove the source of the problem and that dehumidifiers and extraction / ventilation fans are in most cases band aid solutions and will often not resolve the mould problem.

Read more…