These inspections are done before purchasing or leasing a new home or commercial premises. A building biologist will conduct an assessment of the property and assist in identifying any aspects of the building that may possibly have the potential to affect your health and wellbeing. These assessments are recommended before any major decisions are made about where you choose to live or work and spend significant amounts of your time.
Pre-lease and Pre-purchase Inspection
- Electromagnetic fields (EMF) from cabled AC sources like power lines, transformers and electrical substations;
- Electromagnetic radiation (EMR) / electromagnetic energy (EME) from phone towers and wireless transmission devices;
- Building design, orientation and building materials utilised;
- Moisture assessment and testing for the potential of any elevated mould problems.
What is involved in having my future home or business premises inspected?
- A building biologist will personally discuss your specific concerns and requirements.
- A building biologist will arrange a suitable time to conduct the assessment with the real estate agent directly.
- EMF and EMR readings will be taken in all living areas, bedrooms as well as the backyard at the property.
- Building materials will be moisture tested and thermal cameras utilised to try and identify any issues that may support elevated mould growth.
- The building design and orientation will be considered, and observations reported.
- A thorough visual assessment will be conducted and both positive and negative aspects of the property will be reported.
- Verbal feedback will be provided within 24 hours so that the information can be immediately available to assist with the decision-making process.
- A formal written report will also be provided.
The cost of services will vary based on the property location as well as the size and complexity of the job. Please don’t hesitate to contact us to discuss your specific requirements.