Ecolibria has become specialised in the field of mould assessments in buildings. This is due to the fact that over the many years of inspecting domestic and commercial buildings in Australia, the cause of adverse health effects to the occupants has most often been attributed to elevated moisture and mould than any other contributing environmental factor.
We conduct assessments for businesses as well as domestic homes with a specific focus on identifying moisture and mould problems and addressing the cause of the problem.
Ecolibria have been conducting mould inspections in both residential and commercial buildings to ascertain the source of the problem, extent of the problem, mould sampling and providing professional opinion in relation to rectification for over 13 years now.
Mould / Mold / Mildew problems are often left unsolved and the mould is simply removed whenever it appears. Removing mould does not get rid of the problem and it will always return unless the source of the problem is discovered and rectified. Specialised equipment is required to measure the amount of moisture in the air as well as building materials and thereby trace the path and source of the moisture problem.
Mould sampling can also be conducted. Air and surface samples can be taken and sent to an independent laboratory for analysis. The concentration and types of mould present can then be reported.
What is involved in having a mould assessment conducted in my home or business?
- A consultant will personally discuss your specific concerns and requirements.
- A consultant will visit your site at a time that suits you best.
- A thorough visual assessment will be conducted that will consider building design, building materials, shading, drainage and condensation potential.
- A digital moisture meter will be used to measure moisture content in the building materials of the structure and every effort will be made to identify the root cause of the mould growth. Identifying the cause or causes of the elevated mould concentration levels is the number one priority.
- Air dry bulb temperature and humidity levels are measured both inside and outside the building.
- Results will be explained and various recommendations will be provided.
- If required air and / or surface mould sampling is conducted and lab reports detailing the genera or species and concentration of mould can be provided.
- Surface samples via ATP swabs are available to ascertain the microbe activity levels. Surface samples via Tape lifts and / or swabs are also available.
- Airborne samples are offered and these are analysed and reported on by an independent laboratory.
- ERMI ( Environmental Relative Moldiness Index ) testing and analysis is also offered. This involves taking dust from the property and having a DNA analysis of the dust conducted by an independent laboratory to determine the concentration and species of mould present.
- If required a formal written report detailing the observations, results and recommendations will be provided.
The cost of services vary according to your location as well as the size and complexity of the job so please don’t hesitate to contact us to discuss your specific requirements.